As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Bathroom fans that don’t have timers can hike your energy bill and cause unwanted expenses. Although they’re not too terrible for short periods of time, we’ve all forgotten to turn the switch off every now and then. Finding a top-notch bathroom timer will save you money, provide unmatched convenience, and allow you to run it as long or short as you’d like.
The best bathroom fan timer switch should have multiple timers to match your preferences, easy adjustments to prevent confusion, and up-to-date wiring to accommodate for all building codes. Another beneficial feature is the ability to sync the fan timer with a light inside of the bathroom.
Throughout this post, you’ll learn details about each timer switch as well as what you should look for prior to buying one. Narrow down the list as you go to find out which timer is meant for you. All links lead to Amazon.
The Lutron Mastro Countdown Timer Switch from amazon is one of the best bathroom fan timers on the list because it can override all other systems. If your house already has a stock timer on it but you want to set a custom timer, this is the switch for you. The time range goes from 5 to 60 minutes, with various intervals in between.
Related article: 6 Easy Steps To Choose The Right Bathroom Fan
You don’t have to worry about finding paint to match your bathroom scheme, either. These timer switches come in numerous colors, including red, green, goldstone, ivory, and many more. Whichever color you choose, you’ll be able to benefit from the high-quality, simple design that can be used for bathroom fans or lights.
You can DIY the project in under 15 minutes or feel free to hire a professional for an even easier installation. It’s the perfect size to replace your current lighting and fan switch, so you won’t have to carve out a larger hole.
- Set the timer for 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
- Works with all electrical systems and bathroom fans.
- It comes in a plethora of colors to match your house.
- Override the system with this high-power switch.
DewStop FS-850-W1 Adjustable Fan Timer Control
The DewStop Adjustable Fan Timer Control comes in two colors: White and almond. They match most modern bathroom interior designs. If you’re trying to find a simple design without grabbing attention from the rest of the room, then you should definitely consider this item. The only two buttons are auto on/off and a settings panel.
Despite the simple design, this timer has quite a bit hidden. You can choose exactly how many minutes the timer will run by clicking the settings menu. It also comes with a built-in blue LED light that shines when the fan is on. You can let it go for the rest of the set time, or switch it off with the manual override.
Another great feature included with this timer control is that you can set it to turn on once per hour on the dot. If you have guests coming over and you want a well-ventilated bathroom, then set it for a 30-minute timer.
- It comes with a blinking blue LED light indicator.
- Simple, uninterrupted design.
- Set how long it’ll last with a few clicks.
- Includes a manual override to use whenever you need to.
Perhaps the quickest selling point for the Maxxima 1875 Timer Switch is that it comes with two in the pack. It also comes with several buttons to set the timer right away. No need to cycle through menus, flip open covers, or use digital screens if you don’t want to. Simply click the amount of time that you desire and it’s good to go.
Aside from the six preset times, this switch also has a manual override that you can turn on or off whenever you’d like. Unlike most other bathroom fan timers on the market, this one has a 1-minute setting (the bulk of the competition starts at 5 minutes). It ranges all the way up to 60 minutes, though.
If you want to use both of the timer switches, you can sync them together for lights and fans. Your bathroom can have a 30-minute fan timer and a 5-minute light timer if that’s what you prefer.
- Low to high timer settings with a broad timing range.
- Two-pack of light and fan switches.
- Plug-and-play design without additional menus.
- Goes all the way down to 1 minute.
Leviton LTB30-1LZ Countdown Timer
Leviton sells a whole set of bathroom fan timers, including the LTB30-1LZ Countdown Timer. This timer is usually a one-pack but they also sell them in sets of two to save some money right away. You can set the timer to 5, 10, 15, or 30 minutes. The labeled bars are ergonomic and easy to push, which is far different from the low-set buttons of many others.
These bathroom fan timers can be used in all sorts of applications, including hot tubs, lights, and of course, fans for your bathroom. Much like the previous timers on the list, this one is specifically designed to fit or replace the average light switch socket. No additional tools required, other than a screwdriver.
It uses 120 volts, which is the most common voltage found in homes across the country these days. The switch is capable of pairing with lights as big as 1800 watts and 1-horsepower fans anywhere in your house.
- Choose one, two, or three timers in a single pack.
- Works with high-output wattage and horsepower.
- Four timer settings ranging from 5 to 30 minutes.
- An easy installation process for beginners and experts alike.
Leviton IPHS5-1LW Control Bathroom Fan
The Leviton IPHS5-1LW Control Fan is technically not a timer but it can replace it. This is undoubtedly the best choice for people who want to forget about switching on the fan completely.
this bathroom fan switch is fantastic. It has a built-in humidity sensor that kicks on and dries your bathroom without any input from you.
Not only does this high-quality fan timer save your energy bill, but it also prevents mold. You don’t need to sink money into those expensive dehumidifiers, nor do you have to worry about emptying the tank every day. It also comes with a switch that can be paired with 600-watt light bulbs to sync the process.
White, Light Almond, and Ivory are currently the three colors to choose from with this timer. They’ll match almost any bathroom decor, and you can also wire them up anywhere you’d like a dehumidifying fan. No more misty mirrors after getting out of the shower!
- The best choice for people who want to set and forget.
- Three color choices to look through.
- Removes the fog and mist from bathroom mirrors.
- Manual override for the timer switch.
ENERLITES Countdown Timer Switch for Bathroom Fans
The ENERLITES Countdown Timer for Bathroom Fans is very easy to use, but it’s even easier to locate. Misty bathrooms or dimly-lit hallways can limit visibility. However, there are several blue LED lights on the interface of this timer switch that illuminate it in the dark. You can choose several preset times without using a flashlight.
1, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30-minute timers are available on the front of this mechanism that comes in white or ivory. There’s also a large button on the button to override the preset times, allowing you to activate or deactivate the bathroom fan instantly. You can even pair it up with the bathroom lights as well if you’d like.
The nightlight activates during darkness, saving energy when it’s light in the room. You can turn off the feature if you don’t think you’ll need additional lights. Either way, you’ll be able to change the times throughout the day and night.
- Included multiple blue LED lights for visibility.
- Several preset timers and a manual override button.
- Removes moisture from the air within seconds.
- It can also be paired with lights at the same time.
BN-LINK Heavy-Duty Spring-Loaded Countdown Timer
If you’re used to the traditional twist timers, then the BN-LINK Heavy-Duty Spring-Loaded Countdown Timer will be your new go-to. All you have to do is wire it up to your fan and twist the handle to the desired time. There’s no additional manual override button, but you can twist it in the opposite direction to turn it off instantly.
There are plenty of times marked on the switch, including 10, 20, 40, and 60 minutes. That being said, they’re not the only options. Perhaps the reason that countless customers reach for this timer is that you can specify down to the exact minute. The unmarked spots of the timer can be set at 27, 13, 48, and any other random time length.
Included with the timer are two twist-on wire connectors and a metal plate for security purposes. If you’re not mechanically inclined, always call for professional assistance. Nonetheless, everything’s in the box to get going right away.
- Set it to any time between 10 to 60 minutes, including specific time lengths.
- Easy to install in a matter of minutes.
- Low-cost solution; much cheaper than other bathroom fan timers.
- Traditional twist design for instant settings.
Bathroom Fan Auto Shut Off by Teklectric
The Teklectric Bathroom Fan Timer has the longest preset times out of any other timer on the market. Rather than settling for short bursts, you can stretch this timer all the way from 1 to 8 hours on end. It also comes with an additional timer of the same type to wire up two separate bathrooms in the house.
If you prefer even more time, there’s another alternative of the same product that stretches from 2 to 12 hours. These types of timers are perfect for bathrooms in houses with constant foot traffic. They’re also ideal if you have large family gatherings and you want a long-term bathroom fan solution.
These energy-efficient timers also have a manual button to turn the fan on and off. It’s much smaller than the other settings to keep you from accidentally bumping it while adjusting the settings. It mounts right into the wall without any plates to cover it.
- Comes with two timers and two model choices.
- Largest range of times stretching to a max of 12 hours.
- Perfect for houses with plenty of family members.
- Energy-efficient design to save your money.
BN-LINK Countdown Digital In-wall Timer Switch
The BN-LINK Countdown Digital In-Wall Timer Switch might be last on the list, but it’s definitely worth checking out. The timer has multiple timer settings that range from 5 to 60 minutes, but it also has a rare repeat setting that most other timers fail to include. You’ll be able to keep it going as long as you hit the repeat button before the hour ends.
There’s even an on/off switch. This timer is unique in the sense that you can use it as a traditional switch fan or as a timer. It’s simple and easy to use, but it’s the perfect timer for a variety of situations. The two flatheads on the wall mount prevent you from needing to buy your own tools as well.
For those of you who are worried about building codes, rest assured that this timer switch checks all of the boxes for bathroom fans. It’s one of the best on the list, which explains the hundreds of positive reviews from customers across the globe.
- Includes manual overrides, repeat settings, and a wide range of timers.
- Easiest wall mount to install on the list.
- Proven positive customer feedback.
- Matches all current building codes for bathroom fans.
What Should You Look For?
If you’re still concerned about which bathroom fan timer switch you should choose, you’re in luck. There are far too many choices to pick one at random, but there’s a timer for everyone above. Whether you have a bathroom with loads of foot traffic or you’re searching for a simple setup, you’ll definitely find what you need.
To help you along in the process, review the following five suggestions to narrow the results:
- How long do you want the timer to work for? Some people prefer to have shortened timers that only last for 30 minutes after a shower, while others might want an all-day 12-hour timer. Before you choose any of them, this question should be the first thing that you answer. (The Home Ventilation Institute recommends 20 minutes).
- Would you prefer more or fewer settings? You’ll probably notice that some of the timers only have two buttons for the on/off and timing options, but there are also quite a few with 6 or more buttons. If you’re someone who wants to get straight to it, then the simple setups are probably the best choice.
- Do you like twist or button timers? There’s only one fan timer with a twisting knob on this list. However, it shouldn’t be overshadowed or forgotten. These timers are the only choice for people who want to set an exact time, i.e. 17 minutes or so. They’re also very easy to use; Just twist and walk away.
- Will you be pairing lights as well? Again, some of the timers can sync with lights, whereas others are only useful for fans. You can pair them together or use the fan-only wiring setup. You should always know which you prefer before spending money on these timer switches, even though they’re all budget-friendly.
- Do you need visual assistance? If you’re hard at seeing or you know you’ll use the fan frequently during the night, then the two options with blue LED lights might be a good choice for you. They make it easy for you to make out the letters and numbers without having to switch on the lights.
As you can see, there’s a lot to think about prior to making your final decision. Once you’re able to answer all of the five questions above, you’ll be able to pick out the best bathroom fan timer switch for your home. They’re all so similar, but the tiny differences can end up making a big difference after years of using it.
Note: All of the timers on this list require a decent knowledge base of electrical wiring. Never try to perform electrical work without turning off the breaker box, first. Also, test the wires at the fan timer with a multimeter, such as the WeePro Multimeter, to see if the power is completely out before working on it.
Bathroom fan timer switches are found all over the place, which is why it can be so hard to know which ones are the best. Now that you’ve seen the list found in this article, you’re one step closer to having your bathroom fan run on schedule.
Look through each of the individual reviews to see which one fits your preferences. One of the nine choices is bound to work perfectly in your home. From the settings to the color scheme, you won’t find a better bathroom fan timer switch anywhere else!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.