As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
A bathroom fan that makes little or no noise is always a winner, and it’s even better if it possesses some additional features suited to our needs, including a light. Here is a list of quiet bathroom fans that have a commendable motor performance and a lighting feature.
1. Best Overall: Panasonic FV-0811VFL5E WhisperFit EZ
The Panasonic FV-08-11VFL5E Whisperfit EZ is my top pick because of its near-silent high-performing motor. Its blade design saves energy whilst providing superior air quality.
- Retrofit Solution: Ideal for residential remodeling, hotel construction or renovations
- Low Profile: 5-5/8-Inch housing depth fits in a 2 x 6 construction
- Pick-A-Flow Speed Selector: Allows you to pick desired airflow from 80 or 110 CFM
- Flexible Installation: Comes with Flex-Z Fast bracket for easy, fast and trouble-free installation
This fan features built-in multi-flow options (80 or 110 CFM), which allows you to regulate the airflow in line with the ventilation need of your bathroom.
The fan is suitable for residential remodeling, hotel construction, or renovations.
- The fan features a <1-watt night light and a 10-watt dimmable LED chip panel, which provide energy-efficient illumination. It also boasts an improved motor and blade design that moves a larger volume of air with less energy.
- It makes very little sound. The sone or noise level ranges from as low as 0.4 to 1.5 sones.
- It comes with a flex install bracket and detachable adapter, which makes for an easy installation.
- The unit has a low profile design, which makes it less intrusive into your wall and it doesn’t creating a jarring decor note in your bathroom.
- The fan is Energy Star certified. This means that it meets the industry requirement for energy efficiency.
- There have been some complaints that the installation information isn’t detailed enough.
- The bright LED light might be too intense for people who prefer warm lighting.
- Might require professional installation. If you live in a state where all fans have to be installed by a lisenced professional, then this is less of a drawback.
2. Best for Small Bathrooms: Broan-NuTone QTXEN080FLT Ventilation Fan
Broan-NuTone QTXEN080FLT is a great choice for small bathrooms because of its ultra-quiet performance. It operates at 80 CFM, which is powerful enough to ventilate a bathroom of 75 sq. ft.
- VERSATILE FAN COMBO: Ventilation fan and light combo helps eliminate , tobacco smoke, and cooking odors in a near-silent performance in rooms up to 75 sq. ft. to keep your house smelling fresh and...
- EFFICIENT: Operates at 80 CFM and 0.3 Sones to provide the best performance every use
- BRIGHT LIGHT: Features a 36-Watt fluorescent light and 4-watt nightlight to brighten your room
- DECORATIVE: White polymeric grilles are stylish and cohesive with virtually any décor
The fan comes with an 18-watt fluorescent light bulb and a 4-watt night light option, for adequate illumination. The lighting provided can serve as the principal source of illumination for a bathroom of this size.
It is engineered for continuous operation so, the fan can run for a long period without issues.
- With a sound level of 0.3 sones, the fan’s operations are nearly inaudible.
- It comes with a hanger bar system for an easy installation.
- Broan-Nutone QTXEN080FLT is UL and HVI certified. UL and HVI certifications affirm that the fan is constructed in line with industry-recognized safety and quality standards.
- It is Energy Star rated.
- The fan is controlled by a single switch. So, if you want the fan and lights to be controlled separately, you’d have to wire them individually.
- Though it comes with two 18-watt fluorescent light bulbs, you’d have to purchase the 4-watt nightlight separately.
3. Best for Big Bathrooms: Broan-Nutone QTXE150FLT Ultra-Silent Ventilation Fan
With a CFM of 150, Broan-Nutone QTXE150FLT provides adequate ventilation for large bathrooms. Even though it operates at a high capacity, the fan doesn’t make so much noise, which makes it a top choice for bathrooms up to 140 sq ft.
- VERSATILE FAN COMBO: Ventilation fan helps eliminate , tobacco smoke, and cooking odors in a near-silent performance in rooms up to 140 sq. ft. to keep your house smelling fresh and clean. Uses a...
- EFFICIENT: Runs on 150 CFM and 1.4 Sones and is motor engineered for continuous operation to provide the best performance
- EASY INSTALLATION: Includes 6" ducting for high-quality performance and hanger bars to provide a fast installation in 2" x 8" construction spaces
- DECORATIVE: Paintable polymeric grilles allow you to ensure the fan is cohesive with your existing decor
The fan’s energy-efficient motor is designed for continuous operation.
It features a 4-watt night light and two 18-watt fluorescent bulbs that can effectively serve as the primary source of lighting in a bathroom.
- It comes with a hanger bar system for easy installation.
- The fan is HVI, UL, and Energy Star rated.
- With a GFCI protected circuit, the fan can be installed under bathtubs and showers.
- A noise level of 1.4 sones means that the sound produced by the fan can be heard clearly. However, the audibility may be considered a benfit by some people as it provides an added layer of privacy.
4. Best on a Budget: Fiada B09815PTKY Bathroom Exhaust Fan
Fiada B09815PTKY ventilation and exhaust fan is a budget-friendly way to illuminate and improve the quality of air in your bathroom. Though it is not as expensive as the other brands included in the list, it does a good job ventilating bathrooms up to 105 sq. ft.
- 【Household ventilation fans】quiet, energy-efficient exhaust fan and light combo 110 CFM and 1.0 Sones, 110V 45W(with 15W LED Light), 50/ 60 Hz to help control air quality, reduce moisture, odors,...
- 【ETL Certified bathroom vent fan replacement】stable and durable, fans reduce air leakage by up to a half, resulting in good home performance via blower door tests and reducing cold and warm air...
- 【Integrated fan with LED lighting】15W night light and effective fan components with permanently lubricated motors can be combined or individually wired to wall switches, these combination will...
- 【Housing dimension】please note the panel size is 11.9 x 11.9 inches/ 30.2 x 30.2cm (L x W), install size is 10.8 x 10.8 inches/ 27.5 x 27.5cm (L x W), duct diameter is 4.0 inches/ 10 cm, resizing...
Another noteworthy quality of the fan is that its operation results in very little noise, which is why it made it onto our list.
The fan includes a 5000 K LED light that brightens up a small or medium-sized room.
- With minimal energy consumption, the Fiada bathroom exhaust fan effectively illuminates and removes odor/moisture from a bathroom.
- The fan is easy to install and doesn’t require attic access.
- This fan is ETL certified, which implies that it’s built in line with recognized safety requirements.
- A noise level of 1.0 sones makes it is unsuitable for people who desire a silent fan.
- The package doesn’t include installation brackets.
5. Best With Additional Features: Broan-Nutone QTXN110HL Ceiling, Heater, Fan, and Light Combo
Broan-Nutone QTXN110HL is one appliance that serves the three essential functions of heating, ventilation, and illumination. It operates on 110 CFM, which makes it ideal for bathrooms up to 100 sq. ft. Though it moves around a reasonable amount of air per minute, the fan’s noise level is only 0.9 sones.
- FAN COMBO: Exhaust fan, 60-Watt light, and 1500-Watt heater function independently or together to provide comfort to your bathroom
- DECORATIVE: White polymeric grille blends into the ceiling for a cohesive look and complements virtually any decor
- EFFICIENT: Two bright 60-Watt incandescent bulbs (bulbs not included), a 7-Watt nightlight (bulbs not included), and Efficient PowerHeat heater design provide years of quality use
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easy to install and/or replace existing product for DIY'ers. Includes a resilient anti-vibration mounting brackets, 6" round duct connector and a 1.1" long tapered sleeve to ensure...
The fan combo includes two 60 watt lights and a 1500-watt PowerHeat heater. The 1500-watt heater provides maximum warmth without sending heat up to the chimney.
- The fan, heater, and light can work separately or individually. This allows you to make a decision based on what suits you best.
- It comes with anti-vibration mounting brackets, a 1.1″ long tapered sleeve, and 6″ round duct conductor for a convenient installation.
- Broan-Nutone QTXN110HL features a motor that is engineered for continuous operation.
- It is HVI and Energy Star certified.
- The package does not include the night light bulb and the two incandescent bulbs required.
- There are complaints that the heating element had to be replaced after a few years.
6. Best External Aesthetic: Akicon Ultra Quiet Round Bathroom Fan and Light
If you are in need of a good-looking fan that properly ventilates and illuminates a bathroom, then the Akicon B084MCKVHQ would be a great addition to your home. It has the exterior design of a traditional ceiling light and moves around enough air to ventilate a room of up to 100 sq. ft.
- High Quality: Designed to be corrosion resistant with black painted galvanized steel housing with excellent copper ball-bearing motor to make it long-life working.
- Great Performance: 110 CFM suction power to remove humidity and odors from your bathroom. It works great for rooms up to 100 sq. ft. Super quiet 1.5 sones noise level, you can't feel its existence at...
- Energy-Efficient: Dimmable LED bulbs, bright enough for your bathroom. LED light, nightlight, and fan can be combined or individually wired to wall switches.
- Easy to Install: Whether a new renovation or replacement of an existing fan, a professional instruction manual & video will help you solve all installation problems in time.
The fan is constructed with corrosion-resistant galvanized steel housing and a copper ball-bearing motor.
This fan is cUL listed for installation over a tub or shower with GFCI branch circuit.
- Its traditional design adds a classic flair to a bathroom.
- The fan includes three bright lights and one night light.
- The corrosion-resistant property of the fan improves its durability.
- It is HVI certified.
- The fan can be installed over a shower.
- There are complaints that the fan is difficult to install.
- The fan has a noise level of 1.5 sones, which means that it is not ultra-quiet if silence is the goal.
7. Best from the USA: Broan-NuTone AE50110DCL
The Broan-Nutone AE50110DCL ventilation fan possesses a powerful motor unit that effectively ventilates a room without making so much noise. The fan operates between 50, 80, and 110 CFM. The sound level increases with CFM but even at 110 CFM, the fan produces a noise of 0.9 sone, which is still relatively quiet.
- HIGH-QUALITY FAN WITH LED LIGHT: Quiet, energy efficient exhaust fan with FlexFlow Technology and a dimmable LED Light operates with 50, 80 or 110 CFM to help control air quality and is powerful...
- EFFICIENT: Powerful ventilation reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easy to install new/replace existing product with retrofit installations features foldable mounting ears and EZ Duct connector for room side installation - no attic access required
- RELIABLE PERFORMANCE: With our TrueSeal Damper Technology, InVent fans reduce air leakage by up to 50% compared to competitive models, resulting in better home performance via blower door tests and...
The fan’s permanently lubricated motor is engineered for continuous operation.
It is designed to mount directly to inboard joists.
- The fan features a noise level of 0.3, 0.4 and 0.9 sones which results in a near quiet performance.
- It’s constructed with TruSeal Damper technology that reduces air leakage up to 50%.
- A retrofit installation option makes for a convenient installation experience since it doesn’t require attic access.
- The fan can be installed on either the ceiling or on the wall (if mounted at least 8 ft. above the floor).
- There are complaints that the light is too bright.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.